Education for Sustainability
Teach4Future’s Education for Sustainability (EfS) Academy is an intensive, five-day teacher training program for formal and non-formal teachers that will be held in Bali on 5 – 9 of October. This program will begin with online pre-workshops in August & September. Teachers of any grade and subject should apply with a partner from their school or district. These teacher will receive an introduction to sustainability and environmental education through hands-on activities and presentations by experts and practitioners in the field. The program also will bring teachers to go on field trips highlighting sustainability and environmental education at local schools, businesses and other organizations. With the rich networking opportunities, teachers will become part of a dedicated community of sustainability educators, activists, and entrepreneurs.
The EfS Academy provides a unique curriculum that allow teachers to gain deeper knowledge and develop the necessary skills and abilities to implement education for sustainability and environmental education into their schools and teachings. Teachers also will explore various sustainability and models through three modules in the program, namely: 1. Environmental Education, 2. Transformative Teaching and Learning, and 3. Infusing Sustainability across Curriculum.
Upon completion, teachers will receive small grants to fund pilot project which promote sustainability in their schools and communities. They will also receive a handful of resources to engage students in sustainability and environmental education activities. It is our intended impact that students will become the ‘nature guardian’ through the implementation of sustainability center and the purpose-driven, eco-conscious curriculum by the teachers.
Understanding the issue, coming up with the solutions.
Transformative Teaching and Learning
Delivering a green and meaningful curriculum.
Infusing Sustainability across Curriculum
Implementing environmental education and sustainability project.
Are you the teachers we are looking for?
Teach4Future’s Education for Sustainability Academy welcomes applications from formal and non-formal schools’ teachers of any grade and subject from all 34 provinces in Indonesia. Teachers should apply in two-person teams from the same school or district.
Technical Eligibility Requirements
- Between the ages of 20 – 35 at the time of application;
- Indonesian citizen;
- A teacher in a formal or non-formal school in Indonesia;
- Willing to pay for your personal travel expenses to join the teacher training program in Bali;
- Able to participate in the weekly online workshops (in August & September) and all five days of the program in Bali (October 5 – 9, 2020);
- Committed to return and lead a project in the school or district that promotes environmental education and sustainability for 3 months (October – December 2020).
- 20 selected participants from 10 schools and/or districts in Indonesia will join the online pre-workshop (August & September) and EfS Academy in Bali (October 5 – 9, 2020).
- EfS Academy will run from Monday to Friday and will have approximately 40 hours of professional development.
- Training sessions will include hands-on activities, presentations by experts in sustainability and field trips to local schools, businesses, and other organizations.
- Workshops are facilitated by experts and practitioners in sustainability education with the help from other stakeholders.
- Training will explore three modules, namely: 1. Environmental Education, 2. Transformative Teaching and Learning, and 3. Infusing Sustainability across Curriculum.
- During the program, teachers will work together to develop an action plan to promote sustainability and environmental education in their schools and communities.
- Teams are expected to implement their action plan and implement a sustainability project with students.
- Each team will receive a small grant of Rp 2.500.000 to fund their sustainability pilot project. Additional grant of up to Rp. 2.500.000 are available after completing a project in their school and/or district and submitting the report by November 8, 2020.
- Accommodation, meals, and travel during the program in Bali are paid for by Teach4Future team.
- Participating teachers will receive certificate of program completion.
April 17, 2020 EfS Academy Application Available APPLY NOW
June 17, 2020 EfS Academy Application Deadline
July 6, 2020 Participants Announced
August & September Online workshops
October 5 – 9, 2020 EfS Academy in Bali, Indonesia
October – December, 2020 Project implementation